- No capital costs, no responsibilities for operations or maintenance.
- Full benefits of state and federal incentives to lower your price.
- RECs to green-up your energy supply with wind.
Solar & Renewables
Unlock your savings with solar
PowerOptions has deep solar experience, launching our first program in 2011. With more than 70 projects and 80+ MWs, our solar portfolio is one of the largest in the region. And participating members expect to save more than $125 million combined over 20 years.
We brought the innovative Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) model to the market, allowing nonprofits and public entities to benefit from tax-based incentives. Leveraging the size of our consortium, we negotiated a contract with strong customer protections and transparent pricing.
What makes our solar program different?
Our solar energy program has been designed around the needs of our members. Here’s what’s included:
- Zero upfront costs – We eliminate capital costs using Power Purchase Agreements, all available state and federal incentives reflected in your low price.
- Expertise and guidance – Our developer works with you to identify the most advantageous solar opportunities: carport, rooftop, ground-mount, or off-site.
- Installation, ownership, operation, and maintenance of solar panels – Once the location is decided, our developer takes on all the responsibilities of your solar panels.
- Pre-negotiated PPA – Our pre-negotiated Power Purchase Agreement has a fixed per kWh price locked in for twenty years.
- Easy Access for Public Entities – Public Entities in Massachusetts may participate without conducting individual procurement (MGL Chap. 164, Sec. 137).